2015 Unionville Festival:
September 27, 2015
Bring the family down to join fellow residents, business owners, and community groups rain or shine for an afternoon of fun activities, entertainment, food and more!
Tunxis Hose will again be selling hot dogs, burgers, french fries, and soda/water. We will also have merchandise on hand to purchase. Stop down and support your local fire department while enjoying some great food!
The event features:
· DJ, Live music, entertainment and demonstrations from local groups and artists throughout the day at the Gazebo
· Food, beverages, popcorn, ice cream and more from local vendors and restaurants
· Information booths, farm stand, and displays from local non-profits, clubs and businesses featuring contests and giveaways.
· Free train rides, pony rides, and petting zoo for kids by Union school
· Clowns, kids games, face painting, cookie and pumpkin decorating
· Unionville Museum Open House featuring their latest exhibit "Faces from the Past"
· Family Friendly Bike Ride beginning at festival sponsored by Bicycle Friendly Farmington. For information visit http://www.bicyclefriendlyfarmington.org
· 5K Farmington Rotary Road Race and I mile Kid Run.
The festival takes place on School Street beginning at the Tunxis Hose Fire Station to the Gazebo, and on follows Mill Street including Union School to the New Upson Marketplace. Street parking is available around downtown or at Saint Mary's church parking lot.
Participants and businesses bring new activities and things to do each year so don't miss this great annual event. Walgreens Pharmacy will be offering FLU Shots. Please bring your insurance card. New this year the festival will be going purple to support epilepsy awareness by hosting the purple Pumpkin Project. For more information visit www.facebook.com/Purple.Pumpkin.Project